At least it was better than last night in New York, right?
There was no 40-point deficit for the Wizards tonight. They hung around from start to finish, but in the end, that’s all they did. Besides a brief couple of minutes early in the third quarter, the Cavaliers’ lead was never truly threatened.
Ultimately Cleveland prevailed 98 to 89 at the Verizon Center.
But let’s get to some Bullets Points:
- The Wizards continued playing without Trevor Booker and Nene, and tonight the Cavaliers were without Kyrie Irving and Antawn Jamison.
- With Jamison not playing so he could rest, Luke Harangody got the start at power forward for Cleveland fresh off of a D-League call-up. Last night in a D-League playoff game, Harangody had 16 points and 9 rebounds for the Canton Charge. Tonight vs. the Wizards he had 16 points and 10 rebounds … Yeah.
- John Wall found his jumper in the first half as he connected on four jumpers from mid-range. That’s great news because I was struggling to remember him ever making a jump shot.
- Jan Vesely had himself a good night too. He had his second career double-double with 11 points and 11 rebounds. He did air-ball a jump shot early, but his hustle on the boards was enough to make up for it.
- There was no Brian Cook sighting tonight, but Mo Evans was spotted on the court for the first time since March 25 in Boston. He didn’t make any impact in his 5 minutes.
- Some guy named Donald Sloan started at the point for Cleveland and had 13 points (6/10 FG) and 4 assists. In the game’s early going it seemed like he couldn’t miss a jump shot.
- Kevin Seraphin continued his improvement again tonight on the offensive end. He scored 15 points (6/12 FG), but only had 4 rebounds.
- I really like James Singleton. Tonight he had 13 points and 6 rebounds. It was the fourth time in five games that Singleton has scored in double-figures.
- While Antawn Jamison didn’t play, former Wizards Alonzo Gee and Lester Hudson did. Together they combined for 21 points.
Don’t worry Wizards fans, only six games remain.
The next one being on Monday night in Chicago, so that won’t be fun.