So the Wizards lost again. However, unlike the previous five losses, there was no moral victory attached to this losing effort.
Last night’s 92-76 loss in Charlotte was anything but a moral victory. It was embarrassing, sad, pathetic, and if it’s even a real thing — an immoral loss.
So let me to just illustrate how bad it was with the Bullets Points:
- The Wizards went a stretch where they only made 8 of 35 shots from the field.
- Before people start patting Trevor Ariza on the back for scoring 19 points, remember that it took him 18 shots to get those points.
- I’m not sure who is worse at this point, Ariza or Emeka Okafor. They’re both awful.
- Bradley Beal took a step back after his breakthrough weekend performances, and shot 1/11 from the floor.
- In 22 minutes, Jordan Crawford turned the ball over 5 times, posted a plus-minus of -15, shot 3/10 from the field, but somehow pulled down nine rebounds. I don’t even know.
- The Wizards scored 0.69 points per possession last night. You have to try to be that bad.
- This team sucks.
- Jan Vesely posted the best plus-minus of the night with a +8, but was 0/4 from the free-throw line. So, “old traditions, am I right?
- Earl Barron got his first playing time since the season opener vs. Cleveland, but he committed two fouls and two turnovers in four minutes, and air-balled a baseline jumper. He can have a seat back on the bench again.
- No joke, they shot 29.8% from the field.
- I thought the best player in a Wizards uniform last night was Trevor Booker with his 8 points (4/8 FG), 8 rebounds, three assists, and two blocks. But even he had a minus-15 in his 27 minutes.
If you haven’t watched the game yet, don’t. Not unless you want to torture yourself, make your eyes burn, or you just hate the sport of basketball.
But hey, we get to do it again tonight when the Wizards play in Dallas.