What a game. The Washington Wizards beat their second playoff team on a back to back, this time beating the Houston Rockets 105 to 103. After the first half, the Wizards looked out of sorts, and at least some people thought that the game was going to get out of hand fast. But the Wizards turned it around big time, outscoring the Rockets by 5 in the third quarter and by 8 in the fourth. And Bradley Beal had the DAGGER rebound off an Okafor missed free throw to seal the game.
- I don’t know whether Trevor Ariza or Bradley Beal had a more impressive game, but I’ll go with Beal because of the game sealing rebound. He was phenomenal again, doing a little bit of everything, from rebounding (5), to steals (2), assists (4), and a team high 21 points on 15 shots.
- It’s also worth wondering if Beal turns out to be better than John Wall.
- But I don’t want to leave out the second best player on the night in Trevor Ariza. He was a disruptive defender and had probably the best shooting that he will have for the rest of the season, going 8-12 and scoring 18 points.
- Wall had 11 assists and 2 turnovers. Not too shabby at all.
- Okafor continued a solid streak of domination, scoring 17 points with 11 rebounds, as well as scoring what would be the winning points.
- Tip of my hat to: James Harden, who I still wish was in D.C. instead of Beal, Donatas Motiejunas, who definitely made me copy and paste that into this recap, but deserved it because of his great effort, and Greg Smith. Sorry about the knee injury, hope it’s not as bad as it looks and you can walk it off.
Topics: Washington Wizards