As expected, Washington Wizards guard Bradley Beal, has been named to the All-Rookie first team. Beal averaged nearly 14 points, 4 rebounds and 2 assists per game, but most importantly, he developed as a player throughout the season. Appearing in just 56 games in his rookie campaign, Bradley Beal has dealt with a string of injuries, but had still managed to get selected on the All-Rookie team.
— Bradley Beal (@RealDealBeal23) May 14, 2013
Joining Bradley Beal on the All-Rookie first team are the following players:
- Damian Lillard- Portland Trail Blazers
- Harrison Barnes- Golden State Warriors
- Anthony Davis- New Orleans Pelicans
- Dion Waiters- Cleveland Cavaliers
The All-Rookie second team also includes numerous players which could’ve potentially been added to the first list. The second team includes the following players:
- Jonas Valanciunas- Toronto Raptors
- Andre Drummond- Detroit Pistons
- Tyler Zeller- Cleveland Cavaliers
- Michael Kidd-Gilchrist- Charlotte Bobcats
- Kyle Singler- Detroit Pistons
Overall, I think everyone is content with the selections. The 2012-2013 NBA Draft Class has really proved to have some impact players, which was fairly expected since this past draft was categorized as strong.
Bradley Beal is the 15th rookie in franchise history to receive the honor. Beal also joins John Wall as member of the Wizards who had made the All-Rookie first team in recent memory.