Basketball is finally back! Well, sort of.
For basketball fanatics such as myself, there isn’t a more exciting time heading into the regular season than media day, which is a annual event surrounding the players and coaches on the team. The Washington Wizards’ last media day was pretty somber, especially considering the news surrounding John Wall’s knee injury which derailed their season. Now that the Wizards have their core group of players returning, with the addition of rookie Otto Porter, there seemed to be a much more optimistic feeling surrounding this years media day.
It’s pretty hard to follow the coverage during media day, since virtually every news outlet is publishing things at the same time. Since the Wizards media always produces some great content, I tried to gather some of the things I enjoyed this media day. Enjoy.
Wizards Media Day Recap:
- The NBA Playoffs are evidently the goal in the nation’s capital this season. What did John Wall and company have to say about their playoff hopes? Check it out here. (via Wiz of Awes)
- Player interviews are the highlight of media day. The Wizards added a few new faces to the roster, including free agents Al Harrington and Eric Maynor. How have they like Washington so far? Monumental Network has got you covered with interviews with basically everyone on the roster (via Monumental Network).
- Wizards forward/center Kevin Seraphin used to have a snake creatively named “Snakey.” Well, Snakey may or may not have escaped its cage (via Bullets Forever). #SoWizards
- If you can’t get enough of Wizards media day photos, check out pictures of everyone on the roster in slideshow form. (via Monumental Network).
- According to J.Michael, John Wall is eager to lead the Wizards this season (via CSN Washington).
- John Wall is apparently ready to lead, but he won’t feel any pressure doing so (via the Washington Post).
The Washington Wizards will begin their first day of training camp tomorrow, and we’ll definitely keep you updated during that situation.
Hopefully that covers the eventful day that is, media day.